So…2020 is almost over (roughly 94-96% over by the time this post comes out), and nonetheless, it’s been the worst year of my entire existence because of the obvious situation that is happening around the world, but despite the bad things that happened, there have been a few good things.
Starting with the bad things that happened in 2020…
- COVID 19 hit my area-During mid-March, the governor of my state declared everything to be shut down, and that included my place of employment. Being stuck at home for 24/7 was not good, but I entertained myself with plenty of videos filmed in Europe where people were literally holding concerts on their apartment balconies, and plenty of pandemic parodies were watched too. There were also a few COVID scares involving my brother’s group home, at work, and generally in my state.
- My dad’s cancer & death-Shortly after I was permitted to come back to work, my dad’s cancer was no longer able to be treated and was declared terminal. That was easily one of the worst days of my life. In August, he was admitted into an at-home hospice program, but had to be transferred to the hospital in October. Two days after being admitted into the hospital, my dad passed away at the age of 63. Easily this was the worst thing to happen in my life because that meant that at the tender age of 25 I now had to literally survive without one of my parents. Joining the Grief Support Discord was the best thing I’ve ever done because everyone in there is so supportive.
- I got promoted-I got promoted on my birthday-I guess that’s something right? I’m now a coordinator (lower tier management) at work, which is awesome since they were basically training me from day one, and they’re still training me to this day.
- I finished school-I finally finished my schoolwork, and am permanently done with all schooling (mostly because my financial aid runs out and I can’t afford graduate school lolz). It only took me 7 years to get this degree, and I will be finding out whether I finished with the highest possible honors later this week.
- Watching my blog slowly take off-This year was the year that my blog truly took off, and watching it go from 50 views per day to a little over 100 views per day was a wonderful experience.